AMERICAN IMMIGRANT INVESTOR ALLIANCE
Information We Collect
When you register, sign up for a membership, , sign up to receive information or participate in events or activities, or take any other action on our Site, we may ask you to provide the following personally identifiable information:
- Email address
- Landline and/or mobile phone number
- Mailing address
- WhatsApp number
- Telegram username
- Other social media usernames or handles
- EB-5 investment related information, including date of investment, investment offering, and current stage in the immigration process;
- Country of your birth
We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to or combine it with the information we collect through this Site.
How We Use Your Information
We use this information to operate this Site, send you news, newsletters and information about AIIA’s activities, solicit your participation in and support of AIIA’s advocacy activities, events, and programs, and for related uses.
We may also use your personal information to connect you with other investors in the same project offering, but only with the prior consent of yourself and the other investors.
We use your e-mail address to send such information by e-mail and may use your telephone number to call you or send you a text message or voice message for these purposes.
We collect and maintain aggregate information about what pages visitors to our Site access or visit, which we use solely to improve the content of our website or online communications.
We may use information about your investment and it status, together with information provided by others, in the aggregate, to develop overall information and statistics about our members and users of our Site and about overall application processing times and issues with processing, by US Government agencies.
We will not share, sell, transfer, rent or disclose your individual information to any other organization or entity EXCEPT:
- To companies that assist us in maintaining this Site or with the AIIA’s activities, including AIIA’s CRM platform provider and its online donation application provider, but only for purposes of providing services to AIIA, and always subject to the condition that any such company will never itself have the right to contact you for any reason;
- To comply with applicable law or legal requirements (for example, a lawful subpoena), to protect our rights or property, or to protect our supporters from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful conduct, or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records;
Submitting your personal information (including e-mail address) on the Site’s sign-up page, when you take an action or make a donation, will sign you up to receive e-mails from AIIA and from the AIIA. We may also use your first name to indicate the latest actions taken on this site.
AIIA uses industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of all of the personally identifiable information that you provide to us. Our server is located in a locked, secure environment. All supplied credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment processing provider’s database.
Permission to access your personally identifiable information is granted only to you and those AIIA employees or contractors who need to know that information to provide services to you and who are required to keep the information confidential. Although we make good faith efforts to store information collected by this Site in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Data Protection Officer
Mr. Khanna can be contacted by email to [email protected].
AIIA complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. AIIA does not solicit and does not accept personally identifying information from any person under 13 years of age.
Visitors to this Site who are under 13 years of age should not use this Site except under the supervision and with the assistance of their parent or legal guardian, and should never submit any personally identifying information to the Site. For example, visitors under 13 years of age should not register, purchase or use services or take any actions on or through this Site.
Credit Card Information; Protection of Personal Information
This Site allows you to donate directly to AIIA by credit card, including payment of membership fees. When you make a donation or pay your membership fee directly to AIIA through this Site, we will collect credit card information from you. That information is used solely for processing your contribution of fee payment; is not maintained by the AIIA; and is never disclosed to anyone, for any other purpose other than for processing your contribution, under any circumstances.
Cookies and Data Tracking
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Some parts of this Site may be password-protected. We may use a cookie (cookies reside on your computer and are under the control of your browser) to help us remember and process items that you purchase through this Site; and/or to compile aggregate data about visitors to the Site and their interaction with the Site for the purposes of improving the operation of the Site and/or offering better Site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use third-party services such as Google Analytics. This helps us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with our Site. We may also use embedded images in emails to track open rates for our mailings, so that we can tell which mailings appeal most to the AIIA supporters.
We may place online advertising with third-party vendors, including Google, which will be shown on other Sites on the internet. In some cases, those third-party vendors may decide which ads to show you based on your prior visits to the Site. At no time will you be personally identified to those third-party vendors, nor will any of the information you share with us be shared with those third-party vendors. If you prefer to opt out of the use of these third-party cookies on the Site, you can do so by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point while AIIA is in possession of your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that AIIA holds about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that she holds about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you can always ask for the data maintained about you to be erased from AIIA’s records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have a have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data held about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to prohibit your data from being subject to automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: You have the right to complain as outlined below.
AIIA at your request, will confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If AIIA does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organization that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable—contact information listed above should be used first.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of AIIA or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If AIIA intends to transfer your personal data to a third country or international organization, information about how this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
AIIA accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: scan of passport page or driver’s license or other government-issued id.
You may exercise any of these rights by submitting a request to [email protected] including your name, and email address.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being stored or used by AIIA, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and AIIA’s data protection office whose contact information is provided above.
Links to Other Sites
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
The AIIA complies with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. As part of that Act, all registered users of our Site may make any changes to their information at any time by contacting AIIA at [email protected]. Changes to billing and/or credit card information must be made through the AIIA staff and may be initiated by contacting [email protected].